Sunday, December 19, 2010

New fish from Sacramento

Juvenile Blue Angelfish


Bangaii Cardinal (Top), Yellow Coris Wrasse (Bottom Left), and Black Ocellaris Clownfish (Bottom Right).


Picked up four new fish from Exotic Aquarium located in Sacramento, CA. I came up for the holidays to visit my aunt, but it's also a great time to check out the shop since it has a different selection from my local stores and I like them a lot. Overall they have nice selections of fish and coral with good service. Spent about 45minutes with them trying to catch the Blue Angelfish since it was housed in one of the larger coral frag tanks.

The images are when I was acclimating them to the quarantine tank that is actually also my spare zoanthid growing tank now. Funny how tanks become multi-purpose when you have limited space. I had to displace the Maroon Clownfish and Yellow Tail Damsel into my sump of the prop tank so along with the four new fish is an existing Bangaii Cardinal that I hope is the opposite sex of the one I got today but if they aren't, I won't be heart broken. With my luck I'm not expecting a pair until I get like five of them. There are two already in the display tank that my father likes but I might borrow them someday to get a pair, who knows. For now I'm just picking out the large healthy ones from different shops.

The star fish today would be Juvenile Blue Angelfish. Not only was it the most expensive by far, but never really see Blue Angelfish in shops myself, and that one was really nice looking in the store tank. Right now it's a bit faded because it's still asleep from the trip and lights are off. This fish will be going into the display tank once I make sure it's healthy and eating well. The same goes with the Black Ocellaris Clownfish that is destined for the display.

The Yellow Coris will be for my prop tank to replace the 6-Line and hopefully clean out some of the tube snails that are growing all over the place no matter how little I feed the tank. Most seem to be eating off the Tang's excretions as their food source and I can't stop the tang from eating the algae. The Bangaii is going to stay in that tank with the other one until I decide for sure what to do with them. I just couldn't pass up a decent size healthy one that only costs about $12 from the shop. Better price than anywhere in SF so far.

Anyways, that's my new fish. I'll try to get better pictures and post about them as things develop. Probably going to let my friend name them at some point so be warned about that. Oh, and the people from Exotic Aquarium were nice enough to give me a foam wholesale shipping box with bags that seemed to be over-sized compared to the small fish inside because I mentioned I came from SF and I didn't even have to ask for that extra comfort on the way home. It's nice to do business there.

1 comment:

  1. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read even more things about it!
    live coral

    ReplyDelete