Friday, December 24, 2010

Step 1 complete




Here's a few quick pictures of the display and the new black ocellaris. At first he wasn't eating anything and I suspect it was just because the QT tank was a bit overcrowded at first so I had to split some up. Of the four new fish, the Bangaii didn't make it. I believe he has some kind of stomach infection or parasite because he had very thin stringy white stuff come out of him instead of the usual fish waste. It also sorta trailed behind him a while and it looked like it was stomach parasites. I wasn't able to get pictures since I would suck out the white stuff when I saw it so the other fish didn't mess with it. I don't know how that would transfer. The Bangaii passed on shortly after I started noticing it. Maybe a two days tops.

I know I should have QT things longer and even medicated it but I fail because there's corals in the QT tank right now also and honestly the other two fish inside seemed to be eating very well still. Mostly getting these fish ready for new years since that's when guests are over and when my father wanted the fish on display so for his fish I had to give more lenience when I quarantine. With how fast the Bangaii died after noticing things, I don't know how much I could have done. I knew he wasn't eating like the other fish before he showed those signs, but it looked like general acclimation issues when the fish don't eat right away.

Anyways, the Yellow Tang and the Angelfish are the next two fish to go into the display. The angelfish first, then the Tang a few days after that once the Black Ocellaris is settled. Once the Clownfish started eating live brine, he quickly started eating flake and frozen mysis as well. I didn't get it to eat live brine until after I tried feeding frozen plankton which got his appetite working. The other fish are already eating mysis as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment